Monday, February 23, 2009

Help, my daughter was replaced by a pod person. An evil pod person

I had someone at work recommend a book called, Your teenager is crazy, or something like that. It's written by a guy who has his doctoral degree in psychology, and his premise is that teen brains aren't developed until after puberty, and that this causes much of the wacko anti-social behavior they exhibit. The book supposedly goes into detain on how to deal with the situation without driving yourself, or them, to murder.

Now the reason they mentioned this book was because I said something about my youngest daughter driving me crazy. She vacillates between being a great kid and acting like she can't stand me. Her big thing is mornings, but really pretty much anytime, she has multiple personality disorders and all the personalities suck, unless she wants something.

Saying I am not a morning person does not allow one to be an ungrateful ungracious human being. As we all do, she needs to get over it, and act civilly. Anyone, no matter their disposition or mood, can manage to behave tolerably for a short period of time. Therefore, she can act tolerably for a short period of time. Enough to say, good morning, or mumble something somewhat coherent, along the lines of a greeting. I'm not asking for much.

I have vented on this two entries in a row, so now I am done with it. I will eventually probably talk about the book, if it helps, and if it does, I will provide a link, so anyone out there can check it out.

No comments: