Thursday, February 19, 2009

Butting Heads in the AM

Once again (it seems an unending cycle) my youngest daughter and I are butting heads in the morning. I have tried ignoring it, and her. I have tried being mildly pleasant, I have tried over the top cheerful. Hug, no hug, kiss no kiss. "Have a great day." Silence on both sides. Teenage wasteland. I will be so happy when this phase is over. (Hopefully before 30)

So what has she said? "I am not a morning person, Da, you know that." Yes I understand, but that does not give you carte blanche to act like crap toward other people. it's hurtful. I mean really it hurts me a great deal. I am a fixer, by nature. I try to help people, and it's frustrating when I can't. But inside the family it's even worse. She can put up a thirty second front and give me a quick hug and a peck on the cheek once a day.

I know she loves me. We've talked about all this already, she and I. We are just so similar, and yet so different, that we have trouble relating sometimes.

No comments: