Sunday, July 22, 2007

10 miles

How far is ten miles? In today's mobile society it doesn't seem very far. But try walking or running ten miles and suddenly you get a different perspective on it. How did people 100 years ago manage??? well, the simple answers are they didn't go far, or if they did, it took a long time and they usually never returned to their point of origin.

Speaking of point, what is the point here? I ran 10 miles today in my marathon quest. Farthest run I think I have ever had in my life. My bursitis is gone. My joint pain is gone. I am not even getting sore. I am totally amazed.

My challenge now is keeping hydrated on the runs. Up to ten miles, you can get by without water breaks; not that you should, but you can. At least I can, because I did, but I need to preset water out on the course. And most times I don't even know "the course." I need to get more organized or have a support team. any volunteers want to hand me water every other mile? : )

I am so happy and grateful now that my health is allowing me to pursue my marathon.

No comments: