Friday, February 4, 2011

Writing Blahs

I know you have to write "for yourself" and not for others. It's like losing weight. If you're going to go on a diet, get in shape, whatever, it has to be an internal choice, not a choice to please someone else, but you know sometimes you need approval or validation or whatever. Especially when other aspects of your life are not going well.

I've been unemployed for a while now and really searching hard for a job, and not finding one. So you add that to the fact that I am feeling like my self-esteem is drowning regarding my writing, validation-wise anyway, and things are not looking up.

Money is tight, so I can't easily afford to mail out my screenplay to someone who requested it. (a production company) Or afford to print hard copies, and mail them.. grrr. And then I get a short unemployment check, and a chance to audition for a tv pilot, but I don't want to spend money on gas to get there, for a chance to earn 250 over five days and maybe the pilot gets picked up...

No comments: