Friday, June 12, 2009

blogosphere facebook twitter, et al

How much is too much? On Tuesday night my youngest daughter graduated from high school and one of the speeches was about how techical information was doubling every couple years now. Computers have gotten faster since you started reading this article. (barely joking there)

Social networking sites, online communication, tweet, twitter, faceSpace, MyBook, my other book, online articles, internet, brown paper tickets, online booking, my vacation –>priceline expedia cheap tickets. AAAAAHHHHHH!

Am I on overload yet? How the frack are we supposed to keep up with all this, or maybe should we even try? Twelve years ago I was on the cutting edge. I had an online blog, Chronological Disorder on GeoCities. Now I have blogs for four or five functions. Plus tracking SEO content, keywords, google ads, adwords, craigslist, freecycle. Wow the list just keeps on going.

Soon I am going to have to have a firewire jack into my skull. It’s coming, mark my words, it is coming. Do I want that? Maybe I should really learn how to type instead of this odd Mavis Beacon style of half knowing where keys are located. Hold on a second I have a text coming in on my phone. (full qwerty keyboard, not an option, a necessity) now I forward the text to Twitter, gotta keep my followers happy. They are hungry to hear of my latest non-event. Did I just cough? Better twit it.

Where are we all going with this? There is a split in the world with the online and the offline. I have events in my life that my younger brother never knows about, parties, shows, gigs…He’s of the off line group. He doesn’t want an on line life, and doesn’t see the need. My 80 year old mother has e-mail, my younger brother doesn’t. Huh?

I think we are nearly at the point where if you don’t have an internet connection you are going to be left behind. I will never give up my on line life, but sometimes I really wonder what would happen if I did.

Have I mentioned I am now involved in another business as a full partner? Coaching Tools and HR support material. Very rich package.

No comments: