Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My appearance on “Tuning In” last night went well. The show will be available soon here so if you like you can check it out.

Story behind the story. I showed up rather early, around 530, because the tech manager at the station said they could use a little extra time to grab the jpeg’s and the movie clip off my flash drive. No big deal I can do that. So I get to the station and no one is around. I can hear the ‘bees’ droning but have trouble finding anyone. A couple guests for the “Issues in the African American Community” are sitting around, but no one officially from the station is there.

So Elaine and Kenny, from our ParanormalPA group, show up and Elaine and I start wondering around the station. No one is around. We walk through studios, poke our heads into offices, no one. Now in case anyone’s getting ideas, there are security cameras everywhere, probably taping our every move. But no people. Finally we find some technician working on a board, and he directs us to John (or some other name) who takes my flash drive. He has a puzzled look on his face as I explain what’s on it.

Now this flash drive isn’t dropping from Mars with no explanation. I had talked to the tech manager and he had assured me they could use it, if the files were in the format they used. I took care of that, but John is slowly shaking his head. ( I can tell inside his skull he’s thinking, “I dunno bout this”)

But he says he’ll see what he can do. (I am not faulting John in any of this, just the organizational skills of the station in general, maybe) Soon he returns to the lobby and tells me that the laptop is having a malfunction and they can’t get to my files. I guess no other computer has a USB connection. That is cutting edge technology. Not.

Luckily Elaine also brought 8 X 10 photos of the things we wanted to share, so they could scan them, or whatever they do. So we were able to talk about them on the air and the audience(??) could see them. I put the question marks in, as I don’t know what the audience is like for any BCTV show.

Anyway, the show went well, Bob Moyer is a hoot, like always. Very personable and amusing, and his deafness just adds to the charm of the show. No really, that wasn’t sarcasm, I mean it.

Publicity for the group is good and more information can be found on our website. Gosh that’s a lot of links for one entry.

Anyway I’ll be bloggiing next time about my appearance on the Y102 morning show tomorrow. Talking bout the Blitz and the show at Reading Community Players.

No comments: