Tuesday, July 21, 2009

it's a late night

You know, here's the question. If someone tells you that you've been drinking too much on a given night (not on an ongoing basis) what do you do? Do you act as if that was absurd, meaning that you simply go about your business in a 'normal' fashion, or do you think about it way too much and try to do the unexpected, which probably is what someone would do who had been drinking too much?

Not hypothetical. Real. Even in the event that I had X number of drinks, yet I recall Y number. With both people having Z number and no third party to authenticate, what is the proper protocol? I have no clue. My first inclination is to go for a walk, which I have done numerous times in the past. Yet I have had a terrible day. I have today felt as bad about work (J.O.B.) as ever in my life, and nearly quit at one point, or asked for a week off without pay, which I am sure would be viewed as some sort of anomaly.

No one does that. So I was feeling really down. To the point where I told people 'sort of' what I was feeling. Not the total picture, because that would have gone over like a ton of bricks and I am sure reported to someone or another and that may have been the end of this employment. I simply told a few people that I was at the end of my rope, meaning over my head and needing help. That's what you are supposed to do, right?

I went to HR (on the phone) and said , you know, I need to do "this" and I am feeling overwhelmed. What do you think I should do? who do you think I should turn to? I am talking to you, feeling I really don't need help, but just to vent." And she let me vent a bit and then I went on and did what I needed to do. It's my job, so I did it.

But I was feeling badly and ended up chasing my blues away with a bit of Old Grandad. Also still feeling in control of my facilities but not supported at this moment. So now I am heading to bed, and not out for a midnight stroll. Perhaps this is coherent, but maybe not. Perhaps...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are *always* supported ... even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment <3